You’ll always remember your wedding. The party afterward should be memorable, too – but only if it’s for all the right reasons! You put so much care into inviting friends and family, choosing the venue, getting dressed up, and preparing the perfect menu for your guests. You can put the same care into the music selection that’s played to ensure that the party is pitch perfect.
Wedding couple walking near theatre columns
That’s why today, I wanted to share a list of easy tips to help you choose the music for the wedding. You don’t have to make up the playlist on your own, but the most important thing you can do is to have a candid discussion with your event planner and DJ. Here are the top talking points you’ll want to hit.
1) Have boundaries? If you have any ground rules – maybe it’s “no country music,” or a specific song you don’t like – just say so.
2) If you don’t know what songs you want, or how to start choosing the music, then just pick out a few important tracks to bring to the table at that first meeting. A good DJ will be able to get an idea about your tastes from your list of favorites.
3) Add your personal flavor. Do you love rockabilly, or maybe Motown? Pick a couple of great songs that you love and ask that they be mixed into your playlist.
4) Another way to get started is to choose a genre, theme or mood. If you want more upbeat party music, then say so! Or, if you want to mix in more sentimental, sappy music, let the DJ know.
5) If you want to be more hands on – and that’s always a good thing, if you have the time to do it without feeling pressured or stressed about it – then start listening to music actively and taking notes about what you want. Whenever you’re listening to music in the car, at home, or at the gym, be sure to pay attention to song titles and band names.
6) Plan to help your wedding event disc jockey ‘stay on track’ by communicating your wishes all throughout the process. The best DJs want to hear from you, to be sure that your music hits exactly the right notes with you and your guests!
These tips are just the beginning. This is an important topic, so I’ll follow up with additional ideas in a later blog to help you hear the perfect playlist at your wedding.
dj’s orlando, orlando dj’s in, dj prices, orlando wedding dj in, dj disc jockey, orlando wedding dj hire, dj services prices, dj for hire, dis orlando, djs in, dj, dis, karaoke disc jockey, disc jockey services, +professional +dj, djs for weddings, cheap djs, karaoke dj, wedding dj entertainment orlando, disk jockey service, dj for a wedding reception, dj for party, professional dj lighting, djs karaoke, djs hire, dj wedding prices, mobile djs, good, dis, orlando dj, orlando dj services, +event +dj, dj orlando, orlando dj prices, disc jockey wedding, dj service, cheap dj, dis wedding, local djs, dj for a party, +dj + entertainment, affordable dis, wedding dj in, YourOrlandoDJ, Your Orlando DJ, Alex Howell MC,