Want to give your wedding celebration a unique flair? Here’s an idea that’s catching on to become one of the hottest, trendiest ways to put a couple’s own distinctive touch on their special day: Incorporate local, artisan items into your wedding, reception and party.
Shopping for handcrafted, locally-sourced and artisan-made items has become a theme of our times with trendsetters, socially and environmentally conscious types, artists, “foodies,” and anyone interested in finding just the right item to make an event memorable. This trend has major staying power, too, because when you incorporate something homegrown or made by a local artisan, you ensure that your wedding will stand out from other events.
It doesn’t have to be expensive or time consuming to make this work for you, either. Not everything at your wedding celebration has to be locally sourced, created by artisans or environmentally-friendly to get in on this trend. Instead, just select one or two distinctive items. You’ll create a favorable impression on your guests and display your style and great taste! If you’re ready to start thinking about how you can use artisanal items in your wedding, here are a few easy tips to help get you started.
- Select locally grown, in-season flowers for your wedding. This is a great way to save money! Contact your wedding consultant or local florist to learn more about which flowers will be in season during your dates.
- Will you be serving drinks at your wedding celebration? You might include one locally produced micro-brew beer, wine or other spirit as an option for your guests. Or, have a cocktail created with the couple’s favorite locally grown flavors and ingredients available. Seasonal drinks are also a top request from couples for their parties this year.
- For a starter or dessert course, offer locally made cheeses, breads and fruits. A beautiful, well-paired fruit and cheese course is a classic offering that’s healthy and shows good taste. You might also incorporate locally produced honey from a beekeeper, for additional flair.
- If you have the budget for it, have a local artisan create and print your wedding invitations. Or, choose handcrafted ‘Thank You’ notes – which are generally less expensive than the invites.
- Find a local chocolatier to hand make small take-home truffles or other treats for your guests. This is a favorite way to make a sweet impression!
These are just some ideas to get you started. The possibilities really are endless. Just take a little time to think about the things that will have the most meaning for you as a couple – and then make your day your own!
dj’s orlando, orlando dj’s in, dj prices, orlando wedding dj in, dj disc jockey, orlando wedding dj hire, dj services prices, dj for hire, dis orlando, djs in, dj, dis, karaoke disc jockey, disc jockey services, +professional +dj, djs for weddings, cheap djs, karaoke dj, wedding dj entertainment orlando, disk jockey service, dj for a wedding reception, dj for party, professional dj lighting, djs karaoke, djs hire, dj wedding prices, mobile djs, good, dis, orlando dj, orlando dj services, +event +dj, dj orlando, orlando dj prices, disc jockey wedding, dj service, cheap dj, dis wedding, local djs, dj for a party, +dj + entertainment, affordable dis, wedding dj in, YourOrlandoDJ, Your Orlando DJ, Alex Howell MC,