When you’re planning for a wedding, it’s easy to get so caught up in the hustle that you forget to take care of yourself. So here’s a friendly reminder: The engagement period is the perfect opportunity to spend a little time self-pampering, out with your best friends, or cozying up to your main squeeze before starting your life together as a married couple.
two hands looks like heart with sun inside
And why not start by de-stressing a little bit? Most of us forget that we need to take care of ourselves once in a while. It’s not selfish or an indulgence to keep ourselves happy – it’s a self-care necessity that helps us to keep going and give our best to the people we love!
Because some of you out there have forgotten how to take care of yourself in all of the rush to get organized, here’s a list of little ways to de-stress as you work your way to the big day, or any time you need a pick-me-up.
1) Finally find the time to go to the gym.
2) Relax and let go. Eat what you want and get some extra sleep.
3) Pick a night and take yourself out on a date. (Yes, really!) Get dressed up and eat a fancy dinner out, check out a museum or art gallery you’d like to visit, or just buy yourself flowers. It’s not weird to spend time alone – you should be treating yourself to the things you enjoy every so often.
4) Give yourself a break. Decide that you’re not going to criticize yourself. This is really important advice, and can work for any time: Don’t ever speak to yourself in a way you wouldn’t speak to a close loved one.
5) Make a list of books and movies that you’ve been dying to see, and then pick one and go see it, or buy it. Then decide to spend the whole day / evening enjoying it.
6) Invest in yourself. Sign yourself up for a class, take a hobby you’ve been wanting to try, or try out a new sports activity.
7) Give yourself permission to ditch the “fear of missing out” (FOMO) and decide instead to really enjoy some hermit time in your pajamas binge watching television. Don’t check Facebook. Then take this to the next level by taking a bubble bath or dancing around to your favorite embarrassing music.
8) Go big and book a fun weekend activity, road trip or getaway.
9) Plan a spa day, complete with a massage. Or give yourself a home manicure, pedicure and facial.
Bonus tip: If planning any area of your wedding is stressing you out, budget a little extra to call in a qualified professional. It can be worth spending the money to save the on the headaches, if you really don’t want to have to figure out or organize something yourself. Make a commitment to de-stress and enjoy your wedding – and this time in your life!
dj’s orlando, orlando dj’s in, dj prices, orlando wedding dj in, dj disc jockey, orlando wedding dj hire, dj services prices, dj for hire, dis orlando, djs in, dj, dis, karaoke disc jockey, disc jockey services, +professional +dj, djs for weddings, cheap djs, karaoke dj, wedding dj entertainment orlando, disk jockey service, dj for a wedding reception, dj for party, professional dj lighting, djs karaoke, djs hire, dj wedding prices, mobile djs, good, dis, orlando dj, orlando dj services, +event +dj, dj orlando, orlando dj prices, disc jockey wedding, dj service, cheap dj, dis wedding, local djs, dj for a party, +dj + entertainment, affordable dis, wedding dj in, YourOrlandoDJ, Your Orlando DJ, Alex Howell MC,